Outsourced Financial Controller
Outsourced Financial Controller Services
John Gerrard (FCA) is a commercially focussed Chartered Accountant with more than twenty years experience at Financial Controller level in a variety of industries including manufacturing, import, export, retail and distribution. With a Master’s degree (1st Class Honours) in the Management of IT in Accounting he is proficient in all aspects of information technology.
Our Outsourced Financial Controller service is provided on a part time basis, as and when required. It gives you flexible and affordable access to the expertise and knowledge of an experienced Financial Controller. Working with the accounts staff and management accurate and timely management accounts are provided giving the information necessary to make informed business decisions to facilitate timely corrective action.
The Outsourced Financial Controller role encompasses a variety of responsibilities and duties including the following
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and presentation to the Management Board;
- Preparation of annual budgets and rolling forecasts with variance analysis;
- Developing and enhancing internal controls;
- Managing cashflow and credit control;
- Reporting and communication to banks and monitoring adherence to banking covenants;
- Budgeting, forecasting, cost reduction and cashflow improvement projects;
- Ongoing maintenance of the accounting system including liaison with accounts staff;
- Dealing with external auditor including the preparation of statutory accounts;
- Company Secretarial Duties including filing with the Companies Registration Office;
- Legal and tax compliance – including Corporation tax, VAT & PAYE returns;
- Accounting system review and implementation of new systems;
- Payroll and Human Resources.